iMedX: Medical Coding Specialist
Medical Coding Specialist
iMedX has openings for IP Facility, Professional E/M (IP, AMB, OBS Clinic and/or ER), Ambulatory Surgery and Interventional Radiology Coding Specialists as an Independent Contractor, Full or Part-time status. Applicants interested in IC status, may submit interest to iMedX via e-mail at HR-US@imedx.com. All others may complete the on-line application.
The Medical Coding Specialist abstracts clinical information from health records and assigns accurate and complete codes in accordance with Official Coding Guidelines and iMedX standards as appropriate.
Organizational Structure: The Coding Specialist reports to the Coding Manager.
- Abstracts relevant clinical information from the health records.
- Identifies the principal and secondary diagnoses based on the Coding Guidelines.
- Assigns ICD codes to the principal and secondary diagnoses.
- Identifies procedures based on Coding Guidelines.
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes to the procedures.
- Assigns applicable codes for inpatient cases based on Coding Guidelines.
- Complies with the Clinical Coding Initiative (CCI) edits when assigning codes.
- Meets or exceeds the iMedX coding quality standards.
- Understands and adheres to all requirements related to coding compliance.
- Performs coding in an efficient and productive manner utilizing good time management and professional work habits.
- Meets productivity standards for position.
- Refers coding questions to the Coding Manager in a timely manner for feedback and coding guideline development.
- Continually enhances coding skills. Participates in team meetings and educational conferences to ensure coding practice remains current.
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of protected health information (PHI).
- Promotes the Company’s values.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of a formal coding program. Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or other AHIMA or AAPC approved coding credential preferred. IVR Coder must be CIRCC certified or hold extensive experience in coding of complex interventional procedures.
Experience: Minimum of three years’ coding work experience encompassing a working knowledge of the ICD and CPT coding systems; medical terminology; anatomy and physiology; and health record content. Coding fluency in at least one of the following: inpatient, outpatient (ER, diagnostic, injections/infusions or observation) or ambulatory surgery. Exhibits a sense of urgency towards work, possesses intermediate level computer skills, attention to detail, excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Work Environment: The work environment is a home-based position that involves long periods of sitting with repetitive motions of hand and arm and may include frequent bending and twisting.
Join the online community.
Connect with like-minded mommas in a private Facebook group. Find support, inspiration, and encouragement you need to raise your kids and earn income.